THE PILOT EDITION HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE!
OUTLINE PILOT EDITION
Since last years cancellation, we have decided to organise a pilot edition from March 27-31. In contrast to the first edition (held in November 2021) participants are expected to organise their own transportation to the start in Fort Portal and from the finish at Lake Mutanda. Next to that, participants can choose for a full board lodging package or a self-catering camping option.
However either option you choose, we will take care of you during the race. All you need to do, is show up and peddle!
The registration fee will be $430 (US dollar) or UGX 1,600,000. This will include:
- 5 days of mountain biking
- GPS routes of the tour
- transportation of luggage during the challenge
- Queen Elizabeth National Park entrance fee
- Boat crossing of Kazinga channel
- water and snacks at the checkpoints
- Event pictures and video
- Daily briefing
This does not include:
- mountainbike and helmet rental (if needed) – possible for $155 or UGX 460,000
- AMREF flying doctors insurance – possible for $18 or UGX 70,000
- Unique Kintu Trial MTB cycling jersey – possible for $50 or UGX 185,000
- Transport bike and rider to/form event – possible for $50 or UGX 185,000
- 6 overnight stays based on twin rooms/safari tents with shared bathroom
- breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- check in at Friday 26th March, check out at saturday 1st April
- overnight stays will always be at the finish/start location of each race day
- provided camp spot at each start/finish location (5 days), but not finish location day 6
- Day 1: Kluges Guest Farm
- Day2: Lodge Bella Vista
- Day 3: Simba Safari Lodge
- Day 4: Enjojo Lodge
- Day 5: Ruhija Gorilla Friends Resort
- Day 6: Mutanda Lake Resort
Day 1 – Saturday 27 March
First day of the Kintu trial. ~ 100KM near Fort Portal and past countless crater lakes with final finish at Lake Nyamiteza.
Day 2 – Sunday 28 March
Second day of the Kintu Trial. ~ 100KM from Lake Nyamiteza to Queen Elizabeth National Park with overnight stay in Queen Elizabeth NP. On the way a long climb over the foothills of the Rwenzori mountains.
Day 3 – Monday 29 March
Third day of the Kintu Trial. ~ 110KM through Queen Elizabeth National Park towards Ishasha. The first 50KM will be neutralized and cycled together due to safety from wild animals (guaranteed to spot elephants). After a short boat trip on the Kazinga channel, another 60KM will follow through the QE national park with your own team, with an overnight stay at the border of the park.
Day 4 – Tuesday 30 March
Fourth day of the Kintu Trial. ~ 90KM towards the hills of the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park with many climbs. Overnight in Ruhija.
Day 5 – Friday 31 March
Fifth day of the Kintu Trial. ~ 75KM from the Bwindi Impenetrable NP to lake Mutanda. Overnight at the edge of the lake with a magnificent view over the volcanoes in Congo and Rwanda with a festive closing in the evening.